Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Northern California
Roles & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for assisting in project management including, safety, contract administration, budget compliance, field operations oversight, and maintaining healthy Owner/Agency relations.
Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Management of Agency / Owner contract documents, changes, submittals, etc.
- Management of subcontractor scope and contract changes.
- Management of construction materials and delivery methods.
- Management of costs and forecasting project “costs to complete.”
- Supervision of field operations.
- Ability to travel to various locations as projects warrant (good driving record).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Strengths
- Knowledge of construction grading and paving practices including production rates, contractual documents, plans, specifications and soils reports, etc. is a plus
- Ability to work within and comply with proposal/bidding time constraints/deadlines, individually and in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn to produce and maintain a project schedule using Primavera, SureTrak, Microsoft Scheduler or other software.
- Ability to learn Primavera Project Management, AGTEK, and AutoCAD software is a plus.
- Ability to gain solid leadership, supervisory, communication, decision making and organizational skills.
- Thrives in fast paced, fun, competitive work environment.
- Attention to detail while productively meeting goals is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or demonstrated project management/estimating work history and related experience.
- Recent graduate to 2 years construction field support/management experience.
- This is a full-time benefited position.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
Please email resumes to [email protected]
Independent Construction is an equal opportunity employerApply