Job Title: Safety Manager
Location: Northern California
Roles & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the promotion of a safe and healthy work environment. To promote continuous improvement of safety and health systems that results in the reduction of accidents and illness, and assures regulatory compliance. To develop and direct the implementation of safety programs and to promote employee awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid, and protect employees from hazards in the workplace, including occupational illness or disease. To maintain compliance to environmental, safety, and governmental regulations by identifying and analyzing problems, finalizing suggestions and recommendations for improvements.
- Develop/Implement overall safety strategy to drive results.
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures; to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future and to report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Responsible for the development of comprehensive, site-specific Health and Safety policies and procedures, analysis of comprehensive Hazard Analyses, Health and Safety training programs to address site-specific operational and safety functions.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Interview employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Verify that safety equipment is available to employees, and monitor their use of such equipment to ensure proper fit and use.
- Prepare and review specifications and orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Conduct site specific safety audits, and manage audit reporting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Strengths
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and other business software applications is required.
- Solid leadership, supervisory, communication, decision making and organizational skills.
- Previous experience with OSHA, MSHA, USA and other pertinent federal and state regulatory agencies is a plus.
- Knowledge of construction grading and paving practices is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field is required.
- This is a full-time benefited position.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Compensation DOE: $70,000 – $110,000 Annually
Please email resumes to [email protected]
Independent Construction is an equal opportunity employerApply