Job Title: GPS Technician / Model Builder
Location: Northern California
Roles & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for creating 3D CAD models of projects. This requires proficient plan reading, CAD skills, and engineering analysis. This individual will also generate exhibits and field files for GPS guided equipment and survey devices. This position is also responsible is responsible for providing technical support, maintenance, and training on the use of GPS equipment in the field.
- Analyzes information from contract drawings, specifications, and field surveys.
- Uses Autodesk Civil3D and Trimble Business Center to develop surfaces and line work for guided machines and survey devices.
- Verify that the data issued to the field is accurate, constructible, and per plan.
- Identifies conflicts and resolves ambiguity in the engineer/owner’s design. Works with Project Engineers and Project Managers to generate RFI’s that address plan inconsistencies.
- Updates model data where applicable
- Maintains organized file system
- Creates exhibits to assist in the planning or execution of the work.
- Prepare as-built drawings from topographic data collected on the job site.
- Know the functionality of the software, rover, cables, etc. and be able to navigate around programs and troubleshoot when needed.
- Field calibration of GPS project sites
- Train field staff in use of equipment and software as needed
- Assignment, delivery and tracking of assigned equipment.
- Perform regular maintenance on equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Strengths
- Must be proficient using CAD or have a strong desire to learn CAD.
- 3D modeling experience in Autodesk Civil3D or similar program.
- Understanding of surveying and machine guidance equipment and software.
- Basic Civil blue print reading skills
- Must have computer experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Trimble Softwares
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or demonstrated related experience.
- 3 plus years of experience in Civil Engineering
- This is a full-time benefited position.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
Please email resumes to [email protected]
Independent Construction is an equal opportunity employerApply