Job Title: Mass Grading and Excavation Foreman
Location: Northern California
No. of Position: 2
Roles & Responsibilities
Independent Construction Company is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Grading Foreman. Applicants must be a member of the International Operating Engineers Union, Local 3. This position is responsible for supervising field operations of both private and public-sector grading and paving projects including, safety, equipment and crew coordination, budget compliance, plan reading, subcontractor coordination, and maintaining healthy Owner/Agency relations.
- Seek out alternative solutions and construction methods.
- Supervise and manage heavy equipment and operator crews ranging from 10-30 people.
- Tracking quantities for work completed and maintaining accurate logs throughout the job duration.
- Coordinating and executing various GPS topo’s on the job and providing points to the office for review.
- Weekly meetings with project managers, engineers, and clients.
- Updating projects schedules.
- Maintaining a clean, secure, and safe jobsite.
- Measuring and recording equipment operator performance.
- Creating and submitting a daily diary of all jobsite activities to the office.
- Documenting and submitting all equipment and crew hours on the job each day.
- Manage subcontractors while on site.
- Coordinate with dispatch daily for future crew and material needs on the job.
- Ability to travel to various locations as projects warrant.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Strengths:
- Knowledge of construction grading and paving practices including production rates, contractual documents, plans, specifications and soils reports, etc.
- Ability to work within and comply with proposal/bidding time constraints/deadlines, individually and in a team environment.
- Solid leadership, supervisory, communication, decision making and organizational skills.
- Thrives in fast paced, fun, competitive work environment.
- Must be proficient in plan reading.
- Experience operating heavy equipment.
- Ability to mentor and train lower level field personnel.
- Must be familiar with International Operating Engineers Union Master Agreement for the proper Local.
- Knowledge of proper SWPPP and BMP implementation.
- In depth knowledge of rough grading, mass excavation, and finish grading operations.
- Must always apply and emphasis on safety through all courses of work.
- Must have minimum 5 years heavy civil construction grading or fine grading experience.
- Be familiar with geotechnical reports and specifications.
- Proficient remedial and rough grade plan reading required.
- OSHA 30 Hour certification preferred.
- Company conducts post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and Motor Vehicle Report.
- Valid & Current CA Driver’s License & Clean Motor Vehicle Report
- 21 years of age as required by insurance to drive
- Work assignments involve a high degree of concentration.
- Jobs may require availability 6 days a week (M – Sat).
- Physical requirements include the following:
- Ability to lift and carry 10-50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, finger, grasp, write, and perform repetitive motions.
- Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects with the human body.
- Hearing and speaking ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with another individual (or groups of individuals) in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability sufficient to read and produce printed material and information displayed on a computer screen.
- Ability to sit, stand, drive, walk for 2-10 hrs per day
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to Race, Religious Creed, Color, National Origin, Ancestry, Physical or Mental Disability, Medical Condition, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Sex, Gender, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, Sexual Orientation, Military or Veteran status.Apply